Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turn Down the Ghetto

I know this is NOT fashion related...or maybe it could be. 

I'm a firm believer there's a time and place for everything. I'm doing this project and I asked some people for some materials. I've received somethings riddled with slang and cuss words; something I CANNOT and WILL NOT use because of the severity of the project. Why do people have to have their ghetto meter at high blast at all times? 

I'm not saying to be "fake", but to make it in this society, you have to know when to turn ghetto on and off. I can be ghetto or hood or whatever, but there is a time and place for business. People are locked into that hood mentality and don't know or haven't been trained to act outside of the box.

If you are trying to conduct business, PLEASE turn down your ghetto meter. If not, don't be surprised if you don't get far in this world. You will always be in your own little hood...imprisoned by your ghetto mentality.

Sorry...I just needed to vent. Working on a few blogs including tomorrow's Eliza Parker Preview for Midwest Fashion week. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails