Thursday, March 10, 2011

...Cause Me So Soapy

I love getting packages! That means I've treated myself to some retail therapy. 

Cherry Bomb from Curat Handcrafted Soaps (retail $6)
 Before my card got confiscated, I ordered soap from Curat Handcrafted Soaps. I'm trying to phase into using all natural products. I'm not jumping into the au naturale trend, but I'm slowly changing products to acheive my goal. I started with hair products, then facial cleansers and now I figure I would try body washes/soap. 

Curat is made in Indianapolis by makeup artist, M. Renee (Misty) Al-Eryani. The artist has done faces for designers, photographers, companies and movies like: Nikki Blaine, Michel Tavares, Smashbox and The Tuskegee Airman. When I saw on Facebook her soap company had a sale, I decided to order. Who knows better about skin care than a makeup artist?

I ordered two bars of the Cherry Bomb. It was on sale for $5 a bar. It was on back order,so I ordered it around the beginning of February and just got it yesterday. But it was well worth the wait.
I opened up the package; CHERRY EXPLOSION! It was like 100 packs of cherry now-a-laters simmered in the package. I made Jay smell it, even with his bad sinuses he almost choked on the cherry. Misty even through in a sample of her Pepper Ferocious soap.
  
Do you see the poppy seeds and the chili powder?
Take a look at this soap. All the ingredients are natural...hell you can even see the poppy seeds and the chili powder. Showering with it was awesome. The soap worked up a great lather. Lather is important to me. Smell is all good and fine, but if I don't see suds I'm not clean. The poppy seeds were like an exfoliant. When I got out of the shower, I felt clean...not sticky or grainy with no residue.


Misty says I should have tried the Pepper Ferocious first, I'm going to try that tonight. I will revisit Curat in a future blog. I think we need a gift certificate contest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails