Friday, January 21, 2011

Lovelace in the City: Where's Mr. Nice Guy?

Hello Friends!

I hope everyone had a fantastic week! Fortunately, nothing crazy happened in my life over this past week;  it actually makes me a little nervous. You know what they say, it's the quiet before the storm! Since everything has been so low key, it has given me time to think about the men, past and present, I've dated.

The result of all my thinking, I've concluded I'm attracted to jerks and that needs to stop! I realized all of my serious relationships have been with men that are arrogant, selfish and insensitive. Now don't get me wrong, they never start out that way. They are very charismatic, charming and romantic. They always seem to know how to keep me intrigued with their conversation, sense of humor and wit. As I reflect back, as the past relationships seems to be moving forward to more serious or long-term roads, they show their true jerk self!

The everyday phone calls turn into every few days. The I miss you texts slowly start to fade. Conversation is at a standstill and the quality time has come to an abrupt end; and at times even cheating occurs. These men manage to say things that hurt my feelings and have no remorse, would rather hang with their friends than me or pick fights to make me feel guilty. Once it reaches this stage, I find myself questioning the relationship or trying to figure what went wrong. Was it something I did or said? Me being me, I want to talk things through and get to the bottom of things. I also find myself more attracted to them and wanting to be around them more. WTF is wrong with me? I assume I am gluten for punishment and cannot for the life of me figure out why finding a nice guy to date is so difficult.

That brings up another question, Do nice guys really finish last? Why is it so hard to date the nice guy? The few guys I've dated were nice. I always felt as if I would run-over them and be tempted to take advantage of their kindness, so I stay away. Now that I'm getting serious about the qualities I want in a man, I realize I do want a nice guy!  For the rest of the year, I am vowing to stay away from jerks as much as possible or dismiss them as soon as the first sign of jerkish tendencies rears its ugly head. I'm a loving kind person and deserve to be with someone similar! So farewell to the jerks and hello to Mr. Nice Guy!!!

Tune in next week to see what kind of loveless foolishness I can get myself into!

Remember ladies, love yourself first and laugh at the fools who don’t!



XOXO Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails