Friday, January 7, 2011

Dating with Angel Lovelace

Hello world! My name is Angel Lovelace. I am a 27-year-old college student, looking for love; apparently in all the wrong places. Although I've never written a blog before, I jumped at the opportunity to share my dating experiences with you. I am in NO WAY an expert, but my dating life could closely resemble a TV sitcom! Trust me my stories are just that crazy. I couldn't make them up even if I tried. 
 
It’s 2011, out with the old and in with the new! I say that every year and every year, like clockwork, one of my old boos calls or texts me. All I can think is, damn here we go again! So just the other day Mr. Rogers (names have been changed to protect their egos) calls. 

Let me give you some background info on Mr. Rogers. He and I met through our best friends and dated long-distance for a little over a year. I will admit I was very much in denial at the beginning of the relationship about my feelings for him. YES I liked him, but wasn’t sure if I “liked-liked” him! We made a point to see each other at least once a month and we're very happy in the relationship (so I thought). I like to think our relationship was very easy-going. We never argued and got along with each other’s families and friends. Then it happened, my family brought up MARRIAGE (which will be addressed on another day). He seemed to go with the topic and said WE would be ready in about another year and a half! (Janelle heard it too!!) Long story short, he slowly but surely stop calling!! He started calling and texting randomly, at that point I was pissed and didn't want to be bothered.

Fast forward to a few days ago. Mr. Rogers called and I'm instantly reminded why I am glad that we are no longer in a relationship. We were having a very random conversation about marriage. This fool says I’m obsessed with marriage. I politely corrected him and told him I was obsessed with weddings; clearly different. He goes to say that weddings and marriage are the same thing!!! WTF? I make my argument of the differences and yes, I want to be married, but not because of the wedding; because I want to spend the rest of my life with someone special!  He also says he was great sexually! OMG, I almost choked on my spit! I disagreed politely by making my infamous hhmmmm sound. *Light Bulb flashes* Now I know why he stopped calling: 1. He’s not ready to think about marriage or make a commitment and 2. He was OVER CONFIDENT in his bedroom skills!!!!! As I look back, I’m glad he pulled away, instead of me eventually hurting his feelings! I am at the point in my life where I am looking for a lover, friend, companion and partner all wrapped into one. Someone who wants to be married and have children. If they are not on the same page, then I am chucking the deuces! So with that said regarding Mr. Rogers, “another one bites the dust”!

 Tune in next week to see what kind of foolishness has happened in my dating life! 

Remember to love yourself first and laugh at the fools who don’t!

XOXO Angel 
                                                                                                
If there is any topic you want to see me address or if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at rubyleonne@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails