Friday, January 28, 2011

Lovelace in the City: Ghetto Love

Hey World!

This week, I want to talk about something serious, GHETTO LOVE! I personally have never been part of this phenomenon, but know several people who only know this kind of love.

What actually is ghetto love? It’s that kind ride or die kind of love; go to jail for your boo love, stand by your man during his jail time kind of love. I do not offer that kind of love!

I have this friend, we will call her Ms. Doe. Ms. Doe believes strongly in ghetto love. Every man she's ever dated fits the description of no good. They never have a “legal” job, lay up in her house while she works, consistently cheats and the occasional physical abuse. She loooooovvveeesss them regardless, and puts any man before her kids. According to her, they have the best sex and that is enough for her. To me, is just desperate and bad parenting. I always say, No dick is platinum! Over the last few years, she's been in the ultimate ghetto love relationship. Her boo of choice has never had a real job, cheated on her about two weeks AFTER he proposed, physically abused her and the list goes on. To pledge her love, she even got his first and last name tattooed on her body! (I've never believed in getting another man’s name permanently inked on my body EVER; just my personal preference.)

Her devotion to this man has gotten her locked up and taken away from her children! Apparently, he was arrested with her, but that does not excuse the fact her custodial rights are severely threatened. All of her friends, including me told her numerous times she deserves more and to put her kids first. I also told her I cannot be around her while she is with that specific man. I am not certain as to why she was arrested, but I have no doubt in my mind that it was because of ghetto love.

My question....is ghetto love worth a woman’s future with her kids, career and life? There are many women who subject themselves to such relationships, but for the life of me, I can't understand why. We as women need to know our worth and protect our children. As much as I want to be in a relationship, I am NOT willing to settle for being used and abused by NO MAN! I hope after Ms. Doe’s legal woes are over, she will gain a new perspective on life!

Tune in next week to see what kind of loveless foolishness I can get myself into!

Remember ladies, love yourself first and laugh at the fools who don’t!



XOXO Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails