Thursday, September 29, 2011

PRHFW Press Conference

The Puerto Rico Art Museum
I went to the Puerto Rico High Fashion Week Press Conference at the Puerto Rico Art Museum in San Juan yesterday. When I arrived, I didn’t know what to expect because I had never gone to a Press Conference before, but the experience was amazing!

The Press Conference for PRHFW
I got to meet Yalitza Navedo, she is the Press Director, and one of the sweetest women you will ever meet. Before the Conference started, I chatted a while with Reynaldo Jose one of the New Generation designers. He is so humble and talented, making me so proud he is from our Island. The highlight of my day was when I met Caridad Fernandez, the PRHFW President; such an elegant and sweet lady.
Designers from The New Generation
 At the Press Conference, the designers were presented and they talked a bit about their collections. So much talent in one room, amazing! When it was ove,r I said hi to Magalis Garcia a designer I blogged about in the past. She is so down to earth and she loved the blog I wrote about her. That made me so happy because writing for Ruby Leonne is such a therapy for me, I started writing for Ruby Leonne a couple of months ago and I was covering the most important event in fashion in Puerto Rico, because of the blog that everyone loves so much.

Yalitza Navedo taking questions from the Press

Jaer Caban with one of his models and designs at his shop
I have no words to describe how I felt, these people made me feel like I was at home. Jaer Caban another great designer invited me to his shop to see his designs and they were amazing. We talked quite a bit and I have to write a blog just about him. He has a great and inspirational story. My next blog will be about my experience covering the event on Saturday so stayed tuned!


Blessings to all,
Marta

1 comment:

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails