Thursday, July 14, 2011

My town: Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico

Hi everyone! Glad to blog for you again! Today I am going to blog about a beautiful little town in Puerto Rico. It is called Aguas Buenas and YES this is my hometown. I have lived here for more than 40 years and wouldn't change it for any other place I've visited in the world. It's a very small town. I feel like I live in Mayberry with Andy, Aunt Bee and Opie! So funny...but so true!


Aguas Buenas' Town Square

One of Aguas Buenas' rivers


A beautiful view of Aguas Buenas

Who would be the one person you would like to meet in town; well the mayor of course. I have the privilege of knowing our mayor his name is Luis Arroyo Chiques. I felt I had to blog about him because he did something so wonderful a couple of months ago and I wanted to share it with you.


Luis Arroyo Chiques, the mayor with a heart of gold!
 Luis was born on December 5. He studied in private and public primary schools and went on to study Political Science and Marketing at the University. His passion is politics. His uncle Angel T, Arroyo Garcia was one of our mayors, so politics runs through his veins.

Since he's been in our town, it's had a lot of progress. Imagine this, we never had a Burger King until he came along. God bless him for that! Luis has a heart of gold!

They were collecting money for cancer patients in our town. Luis said if a certain amount of money was collected, he would go to the middle of Town Square and shave his head. They collected the money and our mayor kept his promise and shaved his head! Isn’t that amazing?

Shaved at the Town Square
He opens his office on Fridays to all of the residents and treats them like family! Luis, I am proud for having you as a mayor. May God bless you always giving you health and wisdom to keep on doing such  a great job!



Blessings to all,

Marta



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails