Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Phat Like Me & Nite Nite Hair

I'm so happy! In December of last year, as I've said before, I was diagnosed with diabetes. My doctor filled my medicine cabinets with high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds and diabetic meds. I was taking the same medicines as my grandmother. That's when I woke up, I have to start looking at my body and really start changing how I'm treating myself. Well, as of Monday, I've lost 18 pounds!!!  

It's been crazy hard. I do well for a week...fall off...get so busy I don't eat or just grab trifling food. It's a learning process, but I'm taking it day by day. People are starting to notice my weight loss and my clothes are getting loose; some I have to buy in a smaller size! I'm just so proud of myself. I'm going to stop gloating now and start my new nightly hair regimen.

I LOVE my natural hair. I didn't about a year or so ago, but I'm starting to really cherish my hair in all it's glory. Tonight, I'm dry twisting it. I started with a wash-n-go, but I'm too lazy to do two strand twist.

What I used tonight: Organic Root Stimulator Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir, Ms. Liz Magic Leave In Conditioner (My stylist's concoction of her homemade leave in she uses. It is a special formula of different oils, conditioners and water. She won't even tell me what she puts in it. She sells it for $5.)

I would NEVER leave the house in my two strand twist, definitely not doing that in the dry twist. Me fresh face almost ready to for bed. Need to put on my bonnet and crash...

Finished dry twist. I don't make them pretty, it's just to give my fro some definition.
I will take pictures and post tomorrow so you can see how they turned out. I need to work on my flat twist and cornrolling; one of these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails