Friday, May 6, 2011

Lovelace in the City: Prison Love

Hello to all my wonderful readers! Sorry I haven't been able to give you any juicy stories over the last few weeks, but I've been on vacation! Never fret, I'm back and ready to update you on my crazy dating life. So let’s get straight to it!

As you know by now, I am very picky when it comes to dating. My friends constantly tease me about “the list” of my desired qualities in a mate. One of the things I do not like is jail birds! I will admit I was attracted to the “bad boy” image in my much younger days, but outgrew that after watching the movie, Baby Boy one too many times. I realized I'm not a “ride or die” type of woman!

 Do not get me wrong; it takes a very strong, loving and patient person to stay committed to someone who is serving time in prison. I want to give a big shout out to the women who stick by their men and “hold them down” while they serve their sentences! Personally, I am too selfish and impatient to wait on someone. However, I can be the best pen pal an incarcerated man has ever met, at least I try! Sometimes it does take me a while (like months) to write back, but that’s because I am a very busy person on the outside! Being a pen pal is where I draw the line. This is where it gets interesting!

I have been writing back and forth to an old friend (we’ll call him Tear Drop) who is in prison. Tear Drop has been incarcerated for almost 7 years, but we reconnected through a social networking site! I don’t mind writing to him, because I know that he is a decent person and we have decent letter conversations. He has asked me to visit him, but I politely declined. To be honest, I don’t think prison visits are sexy and I have a lot of protruding womanly features. I feel like those men will be looking at me like I am a steak dinner! I consider my relationship with Tear Drop just as friends, but my crazy friends seem to think he may be developing feelings for me (which I highly disagree with).

Being in a relationship with him is not up for discussion, seeing how his release date is set for 2012 and I am not attracted to him “in that way”. I am just being a supportive friend. If he was not in prison, he would have a fighting chance, seeing how he does not have any kids, goes to school and is a cool person. I will continue to write him as long as he writes, just because I am a nice person; but there will never be any phone calls or visits! Once he gets out I will still be friends with him, but I really hope he doesn't think he is going to release his built up sexual frustration on me! I wouldn’t be able to walk for a week if I let him do that! Hmmmm, now that is something to consider! Sike!

Well that’s all for this week, tune in next week to see what crazy dating adventures I run into!

Always remember ladies, love yourself first and laugh at the fools who don’t!

XOXO Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails