Friday, June 3, 2011

You're Going to Vegas!

It's summertime, so I don't watch a lot of TV. There's only two shows in my summer roster, True Blood (which is starting soon) and So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD).

I come from a family that LOVES dancing. My sister is a dance teacher (she teaches hip hop, jazz, contemporary and lyrical) here in Indianapolis. My five-year-old niece takes dance classes and has competed in competitions all across the state. I've been known to cut a rug or two when I go out. When SYTYCD is on, everyone in my inner circle is glued to the TV, talking, texting and sometimes crying to each other. 

I was SO ecstatic last night when dancer Natalia Mallory got through to the Vegas round. To have a plus size woman be praised for dancing in mainstream is WONDERFUL! I know plenty of chunky dancers that belongs on the show. Hopefully now they will step up since this courageous girl has broken the mold.

Congratulations Natalia! I hope you go far!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to them!
    She dance really amazing and her sister two.
    My best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails