Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Marta's Vacation

If you want to relax, have fun and be pampered for a week what should you do is take a cruise..of course you will not regret it.

I went with my family on a Carribean cruise last week and it was a great experience. We sailed on the Carnival Victory, visiting the Islands of St. Thomas, St, John, Barbados, St, Kitts and St, Maarten in that order.

The tours we took were the one’s that showed us the island. The tour guides were great; explaining everything with detail.
Apolonia and Ana in St. Thomas
In St. Thomas, they took us to the Rum Factory and let us have a sample of each Rum. Well...I tried all the samples and everything was a bit blurry after that. I took a taxi back to the ship because I was literally in a daze. Won’t do that again!

Amber Fountain in St. Thomas worth 2 million dollars
The second day was at sea and it was Captain’s Night where everyone got dressed up, went to the formal dining room and had a great meal. Our waiters were great and the food was amazing.

In St. John, we were taken to another Rum Factory, but this time I just had one sample of Rum. I learned my lesson. We were also taken to an Old Colonial House. Simply beautiful!
Artist Reggie giving a demonstration
I liked the Barbados Tour. They took us to Medford Mahogany Creations. Reggie was the artist. He is so talented, I actually bought one of his creations.
Music in Barbados

Dining room in Colonial home in Barbados

St Kitts was so much fun, we took a train ride all around the island and everytime we passed people they would wave to us. Very friendly.
Train Ride in St.Kitts
The last island was St. Maarten. This island is beautiful. Celebrities like Diana Ross and Chuck Norris have homes here and the views are breathtaking.
Fine Dining
If you decide to go prepare yourself mentally for food 24 hours a day and photograhers popping out from everywhere to take your pic.

I also recommend the comedy shows; they were great especially a comedian named Happy Cole, very talented.
St. Maarten
Well all good things come to an end, but you can be sure that will not be my last time on a cruise vacation, God willing. So remember when you plan your next vacation think about crusin, believe me you will have a great time!

Blessings to all,


Marta

1 comment:

  1. I want to go Crusin again:)))Loved it....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails