Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Too Much Education (Back to School Part Two)

I’m a parent of two children, my son is in second grade and my daughter is in kindergarten. I strongly feel that school should start back in September, when it's a little bit cooler than the August heat. My children's school system has 19 schools without air conditioning. I understand the new policy stating the must attend school 180 days a school year. If my child misses so many days, Child Protective Services (CPS) will come knocking at my door. Your building does not have AIR CONDITIONING! If my child has a heat stroke,  who do we blame? How can my child function with the heat waves? They should be learning in a relaxed environment. So as parents, we need to step up and help.

 Donate fans to the child classroom.

 Dress your child cooler for the hot days.

 Donate water bottles.

 Have a cool snack for your child when they get home.

 Get involve with the school.
(PLEASE...parents get involve with your child school. Take time to visit and meet the staff. These are people who are a part of your child life for the next 9 months.)


~Takia








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails