Saturday, July 24, 2010

Loop 18 Review

(sign outside of store)


So earlier in the week, I posted a new store opening on Facebook. Since I saw the post for Loop 18's grand opening on the internet, I've never been so excited to venture a retail store. Their website gives you no real grasp of what you will find or prices. Looking on the web I found out that it is owned by Charming Shops and is considered the little sister to Lane Bryant. Last night I went to Lane Bryant in Circle Center (Indianapolis, IN), and the store associates there had no clue what I was talking about. They were as eager as I to find out what it was like. In fact, they asked me to call them as soon as I got there to see what goodies the store held so they could drive down south and spend spend spend.

So this morning my sister, niece and boyfriend hopped in the car and drove down to Edinburgh's Premium Outlet mall to see Loop 18 for ourselves. (Well, they had other agendas too.)

Loop 18 is not a store but it is a section within the Lane Bryant store. All the store associates were pumped as they wore the new Loop 18 gear. (By the way...the service at the LB in Circle Center and Edinburgh is impeccable!) Indeed the clothes are the sister of Lane Bryant. The clothes are something I would wear...not teeny bopper but not matronly. Soon as I walked in the door I was drawn to the section like flies on...well you get my drift. The colors pop out and the cut of the clothes are perfect. I'm in a between size stage and the fit of their clothes are awesome. It is considered a junior plus, but sizes start at 13 and go to 27. (I'm in a size 22-26 depends on cut and material of item...and the 23-25 fit me fine.)

 Though the section is still kinda small, I am really impressed with the products. The prices are comparable to Lane Bryant but with it in an outlet setting, I suspect that markdowns and discounts will be plentiful. Today it was 25% off PLUS if your Loop purchase was over $75, you got an extra $18 off. PLUS I signed up and used my new Lane Bryant card. I got two dresses, a pair of jeans, a sweater and a t-shirt for just $100!!! I felt proud of myself.

Here are all my Loop 18 purchases and cost (I apologize...I just got home and my boyfriend snapped the pics. We'd been out in the hot sun all day so I'm not at my best.)


(Sweater: Loop 18 retail price $39.95 sale price (after coupons and discount) $25.50 Tank top: (from my closet) Old Navy $7 Jeans: Loop 18 retail price $49.95 sale price $31.89)



(detail in jeans)




(Dress: Loop 18 retail price $39.95 sale price $25.50)


I bought a couple more things, but these were the purchase I made from the Loop 18 section. Bottom line, Lane Bryant gets a thumbs up for making clothing that fits well and can worn by those who are not old or have Bieber fever. I will make the trip frequently until they open one here in Indy (which I do suggest) or until the snow starts falling and I'm too lazy to drive. (They don't have internet sales yet.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails