Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Boutique Update

It has been a CRAZY weekend, but filled with some exciting news.

While at work and surfing the web on Wednesday, I saw a listing on Craig's List that excited me. You have to be careful on Craig's List, there are a lot of crazies out there. The ad was for an already established boutique for a possible buyout or partnership. I was fearful to respond to the ad. Questions were swirling in my mind...Am I ready for a big step? This store thing is so big...it's bigger than me. What about money and supplies? If I quit my job, what about insurance and benefits? Doubt just circled my whole being, but I responded anyways. I just knew I wouldn't get a response anyways...or would I? Within minutes I got a call from an unrecognized number. I didn't answer in fear. The next day I checked my messages and it was the owner of JJ's Apparel and Accessories wanting to speak with me. I called back and we set up a meeting on Saturday.

Saturday morning, my meeting went great. I was nervous at first...bought a pack of cigarettes (I've been good about not smoking...but I needed one!) After talking with the owners about a vision and each other's needs, a partnership seems promising. We will be contacting each other this week and I will let the world know if Ruby Leonne will be a co-owner of JJ's Apparel and Accessories. Even if this doesn't happen, I still have the taste in my mouth. My only goal is to have a job that I love. I don't want to get up in the morning and dread going to work. I've done that for too long. It's not work if you love to do it.

So there is still a lot of questions up in the air...will I quit my job...how will I make money...are people going to buy...but one thing is for certain...it will all work out if it is meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Janelle! Hope it all turns out the way you hoped!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails