Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Retro Rewind: Layaway Is Back

I remember when I was a kid, my mother was the queen of layaway. She was a single parent with two kids and a disabled mother, so layaway was a jewel from the shopping gods.

But soon layaway went out of existence, with the increase number of people who have credit cards. Since the credit slump and the recent economy, many people have done away with their credit cards. As many retailers face quarterly losses, they are trying to find new ways to increase consumer
spending.

DAH DAH DAH DUM...Layaway is back and more retailers and consumers are taking advantage. With a little down and a small payment every week or two, you can get your heart's desire without going into debt or accruing any interest charges.

With the Christmas shopping season coming soon, I figured I would take advantage of layaway and wanted to see who still offers it.

Here are a few retailers that have an in-store layaway program:


Can you add to the list?

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails