Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Oh Blah Di Oh Blah Da...Life Goes On

I haven't been dilly dallying on Facebook lately...Marta and Castelar has been holding down the blog (by the way THANKS GUYS!!)...RL Twitterville has been a ghost town.

I work for a state university in the financial aid department. School starts in two weeks, so we have been hopping. When I get home at night, I don't want to see a computer or pick up a phone. Don't worry, September is coming soon and everything will be back to somewhat normal. Not too much though...I hate normal!

The other reason is...remember a few weeks ago when I posted the blog about getting mental help. I've taken temporary custody of my niece. She will be staying with me 90% of the time and visiting her mom and grandmother on the weekends. This is truly a HUGE change in our household.

Jay and I don't have any children, and we both agreed it's not in our plan to have any. My mother said I was selfish for not wanting children. I don't call it selfish. I just know the life I want to live and children are not involved in that life; though I love being auntie. Right now...not going to lie...I've been so depressed. It's like a piece of my old "selfish" self is dying. Been eating like an athlete lately...lol! And I shouldn't even be writing this...the big family secret...but sometimes you just need to vent!

But as I get Kay signed up for school and make sure she has the things she needs to have a healthy mental and physical life, I'm starting to come to terms with my new found parenthood and looking forward to my own personal growth.

So blogs, Facebook and emails will be cut down as I focus on Kay's education and showing her as much love as I can. This is not only a huge adjustment for our household, but her little 5 year old emotions are all over the place right now. I will still be blogging and taking care of the RL blog site, but right now it will not be as often as one would like.

 It's going to be a crazy ride, so everyone will be along for it.

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails