Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lights...Camera...Action: "Que Viva La Musica"

Broadway shows are magical; transporting us to another world. Today, I am going to blog about a musical that will be presented in Puerto Rico that promises to be just as magical. My friend, Luly Haddock Mangual, invited me to a rehearsal of “Que Viva La Musica” in english, "Long Live the Music".
Que Viva La Musica

I got to meet the producer. His name is Carlos Quiñonez Hernandez. He is a native of San Juan, PR. Carlos is a very talented producer and tells me this has been his passion since an early age. Hernandez has produced amazing musicals like "The Enchanted Toy Store", "Safari", "Maranatha" and one of his best productions Hollywood. He took a break for four years and did other things like coordinating events among other tasks.
Marta with Producer Carlos Quiñonez
One day a friend contacted him telling him Puerto Rico needed a great musical and the rest is history. They got their team together and "Viva La Musica" was born. I met some of the cast like Michelle Shante, Jossie Le Blanc, Angel Tanque Gonzalez among others. They are very talented! 
Michelle Shante, Jossie Le Blanc, Luly Mangual and Angel González
Luly Haddock Mangual
The day of the musical is August 27, 2011 at the  Georgetti Theater, in San Juan, PR. There will be a cocktail before the show and they will have some Puerto Rican celebrities there. I'm happy to say they follow Ruby Leonne and want me to cover it for the blog. I will be going backstage taking pics and interviewing the actors….so stay tuned for my blog after the show.

 If you are in town don’t miss it, as it promises to be amazing!!


Blessings to all,



Marta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails