Thursday, May 13, 2010

WHERE ARE MY SCRUPLES?

(Just a corner of my office...starting to sort through clothes for consignment. This place is a madhouse.)


I am sorry for my absence. I didn't realize that people actually read this ol thing! So I am back to stay...YAY! I will not stay absent for so long again. Well lots of things have been going on in the world of  sonsie life! I think the biggest thing is the Lane Bryant Ad. If any of your are a Facebook fan, then you will see that I posted the feud between Lane Bryant and the networks ABC and FOX. After refusing to air the Cacique Lingerie commercial due to indecency and family values, the networks finally relented and showed the ads. I think it is hilarious that a half naked skinny woman can dance around in "barely there" bras and panties, doing almost everything but putting a breast on the glass, in a Victoria Secret commercial. BUT a "plus size"woman (who is just barely plus size mind you) sitting at a vanity getting dressed and finishes the shot fully clothed is a sin. FOX you guys offend people everyday with your programing. Family Guy, a prime time show (a show that I love) which gets hate mail from Christian and family groups routinely, is on for younger audiences to see. So really...you can't show LB's ad during American Idol? Give me a break.

On to new business!

So I am going through some changes in my life. I have seriously been at a crossroad. As Dolly Parton says in one of my favorite movies, "Steel Magnolias", I don't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my butt! I had an idea for a plus size marketplace later on in the summer. Plus size women in the Indianapolis, IN area can come together sale some of their clothing items and mingle. But I wanted to do something more. If you know me personally, you know I have many goals and mini-dreams in my life. I have serious commitment issues and tend to be a bit ADDish. One dream I always wanted was to be in fashion merchandising, but I took the journalistic path instead. I also wanted to own a boutique and consignment shop. Fear has held me back from that vision. What if I do poorly? It's scary to take that leap of faith. But I am going to do it! I'm very excited. I am laying the groundwork now. So get used to me talking about putting this project together! Tonight I had to change some legal and tax stuff around to meet the needs of a retail store from a publishing company. Ugh...this stuff is hard. All these forms and contracts. Pray for me...seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your post. Please be respectful of myself and other readers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails